World Series Of Poker
2009 marks the 40th anniversary of the World Series Of Poker, and to celebrate this huge achievement, Harrah's has announced great news for high rollers, offering them the opportunity of a huge $40,000 buy-in, 4 day tournament. Harrahs stated this is a one of, but the attraction of huge amounts of money and high rolling players battling for the number one prize will surely be a huge success.
2008 winner Peter Eastgate with his mountain of $9,152,416 and his first WSOP bracelet. His 2008 victory made him the youngest WSOP winner at 22 years of age.
There will be 57 bracelet events aswell as ten Poker world championships on the line.
The highlights of the 2009 WSOP are :
- MAY 28 = 4Oth Annual No-Limit Hold'em (four-day event, $40,000)
- MAY 30 = No-Limit Hold'em (four-day event, $1000)
- JUNE 4 = World Championship Mixed Event (three-day event, $10,000)
- JUNE 13 = World Championship Heads-Up No-Limit Hold'em (three-day event, $10,000)
- JUNE 20 = World Championship Pot-Limit Omaha (three-day event, $10,000)
- JUNE 26 = World Championship H.O.R.S.E (five-day event, $50,000)
- JULY 3 = World Championship No-Limit Texas Hold'em (13-day event, $10,000)
- NOVEMBER 7-10 = Main Event final table
For the full list of the main event champions click here